It’s possible that at one point or another, your pet will require some form of veterinary surgery in their lifetime. Our veterinarians are prepared to provide effective surgery for most forms of injury and illness in dogs and cats, and can also make quality referrals for specialty care if needed.
Veterinary Surgery: Basic to Advanced
Many surgeries at Vetcare are used to address or prevent health issues in pets. Most can be handled right here at the hospital by our trained veterinary staff:
- Routine spays and neuters
- Tumor excisions
- Exploratory surgery
- Gastric surgeries and foreign body removal
- Surgical attention to bladder stones and other advanced conditions
Pet Orthopedic Surgery
Orthopedic surgery from Vetcare can be the best way to get your back on their feet following an injury or diagnosis of a degenerative bone or joint condition. Our clinic offers:
- Repairs for fractures
- Cruciate ligament repair
- Treatments for conditions of the knees, hips, and joints
- Referral to a board-certified specialist to care for complex injuries and chronic problems
Surgery Protocol at Vetcare
Whether working to save a life or to simply provide routine care, our veterinarians always take the utmost caution to make sure surgery won’t do harm to your pet. We are constantly looking at new techniques and ways to improve our surgical capability, paying close attention to developments that will make treatment safer and more effective for every patient.
Depending on the nature of surgery and your pet’s health when they enter for treatment, safety protocol will include a combination of:
- Morning drop-off for evaluation and exam
- Pre-anesthetic blood work for every patient (highly recommended)
- Anesthesia and pain management by a trained technician
- Pulse oximeter and blood pressure monitoring
- IV fluid therapy for intensive patients
- Post-operative pain management and monitoring until your pet goes home
High quality veterinary surgery is another part of Vetcare’s dedication to helping companion animals live in the very best of health. If your pet should ever require surgery for any reason, you can count on us to find the right solutions so they can get well safely and stay that way.